Good luck to everyone running Comrades on Sunday.
SATURDAY 31 MAY 2014
· K-Way VOB Longer Distance Group – Leg 2 of Hout Bay Trail Challenge. Meet at Constantia Nek to drop cars at 06h30. Start at Ruyteplaats Gates at 07h15. For full details of the run see the Monday email or see http://vobtrail.blogspot.com/2014/05/k-way-vob-trail-running-saturday-31-may.html at http://vobtrail.blogspot.com .
· Table Mountain Trailers (K-Way VOB’s Medium Distance Group) – Silvermine North-West. Meet in car park just inside Silvermine Gate 1 at 08h00 for 08h15 start. For more info on the group see http://vobtrailwrg.blogspot.com/ .
SUNDAY 1 JUNE 2014
MATES FIGURE OF EIGHT TRAIL RUNS – 1 JUNE 2014
“MATES will be organising another ordinary club run with a slight, special difference: runners (regardless of your club – ALL RUNNERS WELCOME) who complete the entire run will be able to use the run as a qualifier for the purposes of entering PUFfer 2014. The run is called the Figure of Eight run, purely so that it can be distinguished from all of the other MATES club runs for monitoring purposes. As they are ordinary club runs there is no charge for participating.
Sunday 1 June 2014.
Runners to gather at 05h30 at Constantia Nek car park for a briefing before you start.
The route will consist of two different loops, each starting and finishing at Constantia Nek car park. Please see the link below to Strava for the route, courtesy of Spencer Williams. Runners will be welcome to do parts of the route only, if they so choose, but only those who complete the whole route will be accepted as a PUFfer 2014 qualifier. Your efforts will be recorded by MATES and communicated to the PUFfer Committee.
45km (25km and 20km) on the same day.
· You will need to be totally self-supported for the run. But you will be able to leave refreshments, change of clothes etc in your vehicle at Constantia Nek and so replenish your supplies more or less at the half-way point in the run. No support table or back up is provided by MATES, as with a normal club run.
· You will be expected to meet with all of the usual trail equipment, gear and safety requirements for long trail runs. If you don’t then you may be told not to run. These are winter runs and so proper winter trail gear must be used. If in any doubt then contact the CEO (of trail running) – details below.
· If you are planning on doing one of these runs and using it as a PUFfer 2014 qualifier then please contact the CEO beforehand so that he know who to keeps tabs on. If you don’t tell him and you are not recorded then PUFfer won’t accept it.
· No smses No emails Only phone calls.
CEO( of trail running)
WEATHER FORECAST with thanks to www.yr.no
Whatever you’re up to, have a great weekend everyone.
K-Way VOB Trail Running
Cell: 082 321-0299
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "K-Way VOB Trail" group.
To subscribe to this group because you do want to receive this email, send a blank (subject and main body) email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group because you do not want to receive this email any more, send a blank (subject and body) email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]