- Please carry sufficient water (and energy snacks) to last the whole run, particularly the Long Route (some runners fell foul of this last week and they really suffered).
- Please watch the weather forecast and wear appropriate gear.
- For safety, please stay in groups, especially as we near King's blockhouse and even in Kirstenbosch where there have been incidents in the past. This is Mugger Territory.
- As always, be wary of dangerous items on the path: rocks, branches, slippery bits, sharp turns, snakes, other runners and aforementioned muggers. Generally, stay well aware of your surroundings.
- Please sign in on the register before starting out.
- Have fun, it's not a race.
- Please do not try and do these runs without sufficient water. Not only do you put yourself in danger but you compromise the enjoyment and safety of the other runners.
- Running on Corenza Para-C is not a great idea. Makes you feel indestructible on the run but the after-effects are less desirable.
- There is a large measure of irony in the nicknaming of the plant "Climber's Friend". It is nobody's friend. It hates everyone and everyone hates it. I am starting to suspect that the frequent fires on Devils Peak may be less to do with random natural events and more to do with Climbers' Revenge. I noticed several runners patting their pockets at the Blockhouse and I suspect they were looking for a box of matches. I am told that the name is not entirely ironic though as these plants are strongly rooted to the mountainside and, in case of emergency, grabbing onto these plants is highly preferable to tumbling to certain serious injury or death.
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays
the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ]
This email is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]